Thursday, June 21, 2012

Purple Sunbird On Gulmohar

After seeing trees laden with Gulmohar (Flame of the forest) flowers on my daily walks all through spring, I had to paint them again. The bright red and orange flowers with their pretty leaves were transferred on to a bottle earlier this month.


But this time I added a new element - the purple sunbird. That little blue bird with a long curved beak that sucks nectar out of spring flowers.


Every morning as I sat under the shade of the Gulmohar, the sweet call of the purple sunbird was sure to reach my ears. Turning to look up, I could see it flitting from branch to branch, and flower to flower.


So now when you spot a flash of blue in between the red and green of the Gulmohar, you'll know the purple sunbird visited you! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin