Just follow the steps below to create your own birdhouse using cardboard and paper.
- Take a cardboard box; candy boxes do just fine for this. Just make sure the basic shape resembles the shape of a birdhouse. In my case the box was almost square with curved sides.
- Fold the top flaps and join them to add a roof to the box. You can also build a roof by sticking extra cardboard pieces on the top using scotch tape or glue.
- Now cut a round hole in between the front side; this is where the bird pops its head out from!
- Cut a long, rectangle piece of cardboard and tape it right below the hole you just cut. This forms the perch for the bird.
- If you want to hang your birdhouse, add a loop of string at the back. I wanted mine propped up from a pot, so I cut out a small hole at the bottom. I’ll later insert a stick into it and push the other end into my pot.
- Now tear paper pieces and paste them all over the birdhouse, covering all the areas evenly. Add multiple coats if required.
- Paint your birdhouse in attractive colors. I painted mine in shades of cream and brown. So I call my creation the Butterscotch Birdhouse!