Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weekend Crafting: I-Day Wrist Bands

India celebrated its 64th Independence day last Sunday, and the children joined the fervour with their I-Day wrist bands.


The credit for the idea goes entirely to my soon-to-be-five years old girl. Since they were so easy to make, I thought I should share the how-to with you.

1. Take a plain A4 size sheet, and fold it lengthwise, thrice over, to give your band some thickness.

2. Stick the loose ends down using a glue stick.

3. Colour/decorate one side the way you want (in this case we chose the colours of the national flag, of course).


4. When you are through with colouring/decoration, put some double-sided tape on one of the shorter ends of the plain side. This will help you fasten the band on your wrist.

Voila! Show off your new wrist band. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin