Monday, September 20, 2010

The Last Few Suns

The sunflowers in my neighbour's garden are having a last burst of blooms before they are retired in favour of the seasonal varieties. Everyday as I pass them by on my way out, their bright nodding heads look so paintworthy. :)

This one has actually turned out better than I expected. And the part I enjoyed doing the most was the upturned flower. Here is a close-up of that bit.


Hope the coming week is as fulfilling, paint-wise, as the last one. I am loving this phase of quick paintings albeit small ones. Shall move on to a bigger size soon.....

2 comments:

Ishrath said...

My dear Van Gogh in making,
Wishing you luck with all that you paint. This painting seems to be an excellent base for you to try some dry strokes on it. Wet on wet is quite smudgy.... now you can add some more detailed strokes after the paper is dried. Let me know if you try it and how it ended up looking.
Good luck.

Creative Rumblings said...

Thanks again, Ishrath, for your invaluable guidance. I shall surely try what you suggest.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin