Monday, March 8, 2010

The Majestic One

Another figurative bird drawing, started and finished in a single day.

Our favourite picnic spot in town has a rare abundance of peacocks, roaming in a jungle-like setting. We always encounter some on our visits, and this painting has been inspired by this recent photograph taken by my husband.



Somehow after painting this large, colourful bird, I seem to have lost some of my earlier fear and hesitation for figure-based paintings. Hopefully now I'll have the courage to attempt more figurative subjects.



I hope I have captured the proud, majestic bird well. Do let me have your feedback on this one.


p.s. - Hubby dearest gifted me a set of watercolor tubes recently. Can't wait to explore the new medium! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin